Translate

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Dodge Durango 5.2 V8 Engine Removal

in this next week in my free time that i have i will be removing the engine from my dodge durango with the 5.2 V8, the engine being removed had a freeze plug failure on the back of the block behind the flex plate. so instead of just replacing the freeze plugs i decided last year to purchase a low mileage wreaking yard engine for it, in part of the mileage on the old engine is around 244k and i was starting to have cylinder head problems also on these magum engines they are prone to failure right around were the valves seat are prone to cracking over time. i did run a compression test to confirm that my readings were lower on the passenger side head. i will be taking videos of my progress through out the whole process i will offer the best tips i can to best help you with what i can. please forgive the short videos i dont have a full camera set up i just use my HTC One M9 as my video camera it doesnt do too bad at least i hope it doesnt..lol here are some videos of my current progress



No comments:

Post a Comment